Sunday 28 September 2014

Revolution Ultra Blush Palette Review


The lovely folks over at Beauty Product Testing sent me this gorgeous blush and contour palette by Revolution. I was really excited to trial and test this as i had heard great things through over beauty bloggers but never actually tried it myself! 

On first impressions i liked the outer packaging but did find the actual palette a little plain, however the giant mirror inside definitely made up for this! I absolutely love this detail as it makes it so handy to take away with you and use easily when your out & about!  The other detail i noticed was that they put the colour of the palette on the back of the box rather than on the actual palette itself. I know this is a little sad but i was also disappointed that the blush colours didn't have names, i really enjoy knowing the name of the blush I'm wearing!  

This 'Hot Spice' palette includes 8 shades... included within this is 1 baked highlighter and 1 baked blush, making this the perfect all round palette! The warm terracotta and pink colours are gorgeous and the perfect shades to go into Autumn wearing. On first application i couldn't believe how soft & pigmented these blushes where, they are so easy to apply & blend. You only need a small dab on your blusher blush and it's enough to cover your whole cheek, i loved the highlighter which really gave me an  extra glow on a gloomy day. I feel like this is the perfect palette to use on the go or to take away with you as it includes everything you need to contour and blush. 

The best thing about this product? It's RRP is £6.00 - it's an absolute bargain it feels so much more expensive then £6.00... i'm a definite Revolution convert! I can't wait to try out some more items from them & hope i will have the same outcome! You can buy this product here from superdrug!

In the picture above i'm wearing shade 7 & 8. 

Do you have any recommendations? 

Jess x

Share:

7 comments

  1. I saw this palette and I think it's a good beginners palette - you start to learn about what suits you and what doesn't :) I don't know if i would purchase it but it is really cheap though!
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it isn't just a beginners palette! It's so versatile and can be used for almost any look as there is a mixture of matte, baked and sparkly blushers. It really is a fab purchase!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful colors..I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find palettes like this so great for travelling! Love how affordable this is :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap, i honestly am considering buying the other palette too! Love it so much! x

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try Makeup Revolution since I see so many people blogging about it! This product will be absolutely one of the things I pick up because I think it would be great for beginners and freelance artists!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig