Sunday 24 May 2015

The Body Shop Haul


I recently decided to purchase a few items from The Body Shop after seeing loads of different beauty bloggers raving about a number of ranges, after reading the glowing reviews i wanted to try a few different products for myself. The body shop has always been one of those places that take you straight back to your spotty teenage years and for some reason i never really gave them a chance when I'd reached my 20's!

The first item i bought was the camomile sumptuous cleansing butter, this cleanser has had a lot of mixed reviews online from various different bloggers. Most bloggers have said that because it is an oil based  cleanser it's not ideal for people with oily / combination skin types (which is exactly what i have) but then on the other hand i found a few other beauty bloggers with the same skin type as me who really enjoyed using the product. As i was coming to the end of my Liz Earle cleanse and polish and fancied a bit of a change i purchased it. So far so good.. i would just advise anyone to rinse off with a muslin cloth and also tone afterwards, this stops the oil from sitting in your pores. The product itself is lovely, it melts away your makeup leaving your face feeling squeaky clean! The above tin is £12.00

My second item is the all in one instablur universal. I had seen velvetgh0st rave about this product in more than one of her Youtube videos and i was really interested to try it. It claims that it can control shine for 12 hours, reduces the appearance of pores (which i really need) and hides blemishes. I've only tried this once since purchasing it but i wanted to give it a proper go and wear it somewhere which would test the product. I wore it to Chessington theme park yesterday and it was fantastic. Firstly the product went on to my skin really smoothly and seemed to reduce my pores dramatically! It didn't feel heavy on my face and i didn't feel as if it had clogged my pores like a few other primers I have tried. It's £14.00 for a 25ml tube which i can imagine lasting for a long time due to only needing to use a little product.

My third product is the smoky poppy shower gel. This is actually a fairly new range from the body shop, it has distinctive packaging in a black bottle with a bright red poppy on the front. The product itself is quite thick and unusually bright green.  The smell is nothing like you remember body shop shower gels being, instead of the over powering scents of strawberries and raspberries which take me back to my teenage years.. this product has a gorgeous deep musky scent and it's only £4.00 for 250ml... bargain for such an indulgent shower gel!

The next two products actually came free with the above due to spending over £20 and also joining up to their reward scheme - Love your body. First the satsuma body polish which as you can imagine smells like satsumas but once again not too overpowering. I wouldn't use this as an intense scrub but for day to day use it does the trick! It's £10.00 for a 200ml tube, so a pretty good freebie if you ask me!

And last but not least and another freebie was the elderflower unperfumed eye gel.. I've never used an eye gel so was intrigued on giving this a go. I cleansed and toned my face and then dabbed a little under my eyes.. the product is very cooling and does slightly reduce redness under the eyes. I'm not sure i would purchase this again as it was £7.00 for a 15ml pot, which doesn't appear to have much product in at all.

What's your favourite body shop product?!
 Jess 
Share:

15 comments

  1. Hauls are the best! I have oily skin as well so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh course, I'm not sure it's something I would use for a long while as I feel it would eventually make you oily. But as a break it feels lovely on my skin xo

      Delete
  2. That instablur foundation sounds like a miracle to me. Definitely have to try it! Thank you for this blog post!=)

    http://simonamoona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a foundation it's a primer for your foundation to sit on! :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love love love The Body Shop. I have oily skin and I use the cleansing butter. I do really like it but now I'm thinking if I used something else would my skin become less oily? Hmm food for thought...

    Great post

    http://fayusdunkus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to start going into the Body Shop more, these finds found great :)

    www.isabelwithani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should, i really never gave it a chance but i'm glad i did! xo

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't really get used to the poppy scent, it's very masculine. I love their body butters, they're so hydrating and leave you smelling amazing after!
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, but i do prefer musky scents more than strawberry etc! xo

      Delete
  7. I'm obsessed with The Body Shop. I love their Insta Blur and the satsuma scents! I have the body sorbet and it's amazing! I'm going to try the body polish next time I go shopping x

    http://increddyble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Body Shop but it's definitely somewhere I've ignored for a few years and am only just getting back into!!
    I'd love to try the Instablur :)
    I'm currently loving their mattifying seasweed moisturiser!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently did a Body Shop haul, and I totally agree with you about it being one of those brands I always used to use, but don't anymore! I've definitely been converted back though - I love my Vitamin E night cream and my Seaweed facial cleanser. I really want to try the Chamomile Cleansing Butter and the All In One Instablur now! x

    Peppermint and Panda Eyes

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig